Sheet Piling On reclamation, sand fill, sheet piling by crane and drop hammer, vibro hammer or diesel hammer.
- A rate of 20 – 25 No/day to 20 to 35 m deep.
- 1 no = 0.4 m wide on plan and 6 m long.
- Therefore 8 – 10 m/day per rig is achievable.
On more difficult areas, such as through existing ground or a sea wall for example.
- A rate of 10 – 12 No/day to 20 m deep.
- Therefore 4 – 6 m/day per rig is achievable.
For more shallow sheet pile walls
- Driven by – Pilemaster 60.0 m/day
- Driven by – Automatic Drop Hammer 32.0 m/day
Steel for piles is usually readily available and a two week lead in is often all that is required.
|Task / Description||Slow||Ave||Fast||Units|
|Vibro/Drop Hammer, 10m deep Sand||–||55.0||60.0||m/day|
|Vibro/Drop Hammer, 35m deep Sand||3.5||32.0||38||m/day|